Following are the topics that will be covered in the Technologist Coronary CTA course over 2 days.
There will also be independent case review and lunch will be provided on both days. The
order in which the topics are covered is often determined by the class participants.
- Pre-Test and Review
- A New Era in Imaging
- Coronary Anatomy and Anomalies
- Normal and Abnormal Anatomy Review
- Interactive Case Review
- CTA in the Acute Setting?
- Non-coronary Cardiac CT Case Review
- Technique, Technology and Dosimetry
- Scan Procedure and Patient Handling
- Understanding the Data Needed by the Interpreting Physician
- Plaque Biology
- Artifacts and Pitfalls
- Patient Management Interactive Session
- Managing Suboptimal Studies
- Understanding the Cardiac Cycle and EKG's
- Atherosclerosis/Medical Management
- Final Examination and Review
Note: Schedule is subject to change.