Dr. Bellon completed medical school at the Case Western Reserve School of Medicine and then did his radiology residency at the University of Arizona. Subsequent training included a fellowship in Diagnostic Neuroradiology at Stanford University and a fellowship in Interventional Neuroradiology at the Harvard School of Medicine/Massachusetts General Hospital. Following four years as the director of interventional neuroradiology at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, he joined Radiology Imaging Associates and the Colorado Neurologic Institute. His focus is minimally invasive treatment of aneurysms, AVMs, dural fistula and acute stroke. Dr. Bellon is a senior member of the American Society of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology and American Society of Neuroradiology.
- Neuro Interventional Radiology
- Interventional Radiology
Case Western Reserve University
School of Medicine
MetroHealth Medical Center
University of Arizona
Palo Alto, California
Massachusetts General Hospital
- American Board of Radiology 1998
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Neuroradiology 2000
Publications & Presentations
- Frei D, Gerber J, Turk A, McPherson M, Heck D, Hui F, Joseph G, Jahan R, Miskolczi L, Carpenter J, Grobelny T, Goddard J, Turner RD, Huddle D, Bellon R, Chaudry I. The SPEED study: initial clinical evaluation... J NeuroIntervent Surg 2013;00:1–4.
- Tarr R, Hsu D, Alfke K, Stingele R, Jansen O, Frei D, Bellon R, Madison M, Struffert T, Dorfler A, Grunwald IQ, Reith W, Haass A. The POST trial: initial post-market experience of the Penumbra system... J NeuroIntervent Surg 2010;2:341-344.
- Chen CC, Bellon RJ, Ogilvy CS, Putman CM. Aneurysms of the Lateral Spinal Artery. Neurosurgery 2001:48: 949-954.
- Bellon RJ, Putman CM, Budzik RF, et. al. Rheolytic Thrombectomy of the Occluded Internal Carotid Artery in the Setting of Acute Ischemic Stroke. American Journal of Neuroradiology 2001 22: 526-530.
- Rordorf G, Bellon RJ, Budzik Jr RF et al. Silent Thromboembolic Events Associated with the Treatment of Unruptured Cerebral Aneurysms by Use of Guglielmi Detachable Coils... American Journal of Neuroradiology 2001 22: 5-10.
- Putman CM and Bellon RJ. Endovascular Versus Surgical Treatment of Basilar Artery Apex Aneurysms. Commentary in Journal Watch Neurology 1(6):43-44, 1999.
- Erly W.K., Bellon R.J., Carmody R.F., Seeger J.F. Magnetic Resonnance Imaging of Acute Coccidiodal Meningitis. American Journal of Neuroradiology 20:509-514, 1999.
- Bellon, R.J., Liu A.Y., Adler J.R., and Norbash, A.M. Percutaneous Transfemoral Embolization of an Indirect Carotid Cavernous Fistula with Cortical Venous Access to the Cavernous Sinus: Case Report. Journal of Neurosurgery 90:959-963, 1999.
- Bellon, R. J. and Ozgur, H. "Interventional Neuroradiology" in Neuroimaging: Clinical and Physical Principles, ed. Zimmerman R.A., Gibby W.A., and Carmody R.F. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1999.
- Bellon, R. J. and Seeger, J. F. Cavernous Angiomas: A Radiologic Review. International Journal of Neuroradiology, 3(4) 343-355, 1997.
- Bellon, R. J., Wright, W. H., and Unger, E. CT Guided Pericardial Drainage Catheter Placement with Subsequent Pericardial Sclerosis. Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, 19(4):672 - 673, 1995.
- Bellon, R. J. and Horwitz, S. M. Three - Dimensional Computed Tomography Studies of the Tendons of the Foot and Ankle. Journal of Digital Imaging, 5:46 - 50, 1992.
- Roelofs, L. D. and Bellon, R. J. Multi - Adatom Interaction Effects in a Lattice Gas Model for Cu and Au Adsorption on W (110). Journal of Surface Science, 223:585 - 598, 1989.
All Radiologist Specialties